Thursday, December 13, 2007

Healed By a Kitten

Statistically speaking, a family of six is going to be pretty much sick all of the time during cold and flu season. It generally starts with one of the kids then rotates through the pack indiscriminately. As luck would have it it was my turn Wednesday; home in bed...yuck!

Today is Thursday, and I feel fine. So what's the key? Answer...kitties!

While I was laying in bed, about every 30 minutes Hannah would dart in the bedroom door with a fuzzy black ball in her arms. She'd be biting her lower lip, and look very focused, as she cornered the foot of my bed, on around to my side. Then she would simply place the kitty on my chest and smile at me. The first few times I told her to take the kitty away, and she did. But after awhile she had her brother Emmett bringing the kitty to me also.

Anyway, it took about seven or eight treatments, and I'm fine.

Here's the prescription:

Apply one kitty to the congested area for 1 minute, every 30 minutes, until congestion is diminished. Keep the kitten within reach of small children. Do not use kitten if it has been tampered with, or looks too scruffy. Store kitten at room temperature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Hannah and Emmet are onto something! Should we alert the AMA?

Grandma JuJu