Friday, December 14, 2007

Cell Phones and Seeing Eye Dogs

I have a bad habit of talking way too loud on my cell phone. I think I need to shout because the phone is so small, or there aren't any wires, anyway...

I was walking through the mall this afternoon after running a few Christmas errands. Danielle was guiding me to the shopping target while I held my phone to my ear. While on my way out our conversation continued when I spotted a small cluster of people facing in my direction. They were giving directions, but I couldn't tell to whom. Then suddenly, walking straight toward me was a middle-aged woman and her seeing eye dog. At the exact same moment when she was abreast of me I pulled myself back into my conversation with Danielle. She was making a statement, and I agreed with her, so I said, in louder than necessary voice, "Right!" I heard the blind woman say, "Thanks!" And she hooked it and headed into The Limited.

No comments: