


Our Team : Veni Ascendi Vici "We came, we climbed, we conquered"
One small stairwell, and 1,000 steps 41 floors up and you're done - simple. One thing that is lacking in a stairwell where 800 people are scurrying to the top - oxygen. So, after about 6 floors, you start to suck air and think this might be a bad idea. You think, how am I going to drink this when a water-lady gives you a bottle of water at floor 10. When the folks on twenty shout "Way to go! You're half way there!!" You think, "Can I stop, and do I have enough in my tank to punch these cheerleaders in the face?" Then at floors 36 thru 40, the joe-photos are gathered to document you dragging yourself the final floors. When you get to the top they hand you a medal, a towel, and take an extra second to look in your eyes. Once they realize you're okay, they let you have donuts.
I came, I climbed, I conquered.
Peace out.
2 comments:
Hank on to that desire to punch the cheerleaders because you will definitely want to do that at mile 24.
Congrats.
And tell Meredith she should be glad she's not letting down some crybaby boyfriend who can't go to prom because his date had the nerve to blow up her appendix.
Seriously, prayers that she gets well FAST.
Hang on. Not Hank on.
Post a Comment